Last year I resolved to not make any resolutions again. Well, I am breaking that resolution because I want to make some this year. I want to make small ones. But small ones that will help change our lives in the bigger picture. So here is my small list of resolutions, and be forewarned that most of these won't actually start until after Dexter is here.
1. Leave each night with a clean sink and a full dishwasher. I hate that I don't do the dishes after dinner each night. I hate that when I wake up in the morning I am greeted by yesterday's dirty dishes. Or rather, the entire weekend's dirty dishes, or even more realistically, the whole weeks worth of dirty dishes. So I am resolving to empty the dishwasher each morning, and each night before we go to bed, load and run the dishwasher. I did this last night and it was so nice to come down stairs to a clean sink.
2. Do a load of laundry at least every other day. This one won't be so hard to do I don't think considering we are going to cloth diaper at home. We will only have enough diapers to get us through a day or two so I will have to do laundry every other day, if not every day. But with my current schedule, I am doing laundry once a week to once every week and a half, and since I HATE putting clothes away, I think doing it in small bits will make it less of a chore.
3. Cook more. I don't cook at home nearly as often as I should. And this is a vicious cycle because usually I will cook for a few days and then not want to because my sink is full of dirty dishes. Also, I have a hard time reaching the back of the stove, the back of the cabinets and all in all, with this big ol belly in the way, I am having a hard time reaching anything. So I am going to put my menu board to good use, start planning meals again, and will start cooking more. And this one probably won't happen until after Dex is home and we get settled because Matt is going to be helping with the cooking for the first couple of weeks.
4. Read more. I have really slacked off in the reading department lately. I wanted to read 111 books in 2011 and I read less than 30. I think I updated my book blog the other day saying that I wanted to read 30 books this year. That is about what I think I can accomplish. If I read more, fabulous, but I think 30 is reasonable, especially with this year starting off by introducing another human into our house.
5. Stay caught up on my card making and scrapbooking. I am not greatly behind, but I haven't scrapbooked all of 2009 or 2010. I probably won't actually scrapbook those years, however I will do a digital photo book once I organize our external hard drives. I figure that instead of trying to get caught up on my hobby, I would just pick it up from where I am now. I also am going to try and get a few months worth of birthday cards done and ready to mail out on my friends and families birthdays. If you want a handmade card on your birthday, email me your address and your birthday.
6. Stay up on my blogging. I really enjoy blogging. But it's something that takes the back burner in my life when I get tired, overwhelmed or just bored. But I am going to try to keep up, with both this blog and my book blog.
And last but not least,
7. Spend time with Lucy. I know this sounds like a silly resolution especially since I stay at home and all, but I want to make sure that I still give Lucy the individual attention she needs. She has spent almost 4 years of her life as an only child where she has gotten 100% of my attention 100% of the time. I want to make sure that she still gets 100% of my attention at least 50% of the time. I will be planning mommy daughter dates, and daddy daughter dates. We will continue to read to her each night, and I will continue teaching her at home. But I want her to know that just because we have a new addition, that she is not any less important in our lives.
So there you have it. My list of resolutions. What are some of your resolutions?