Saturday, my one friend, asked if I would be interested in going to a painting class with her. It was "Bob Ross" night. Um, what other answer would their be? Listen here internet, if anyone ever asks you if you want to go to Bob Ross night, you say yes. Always.
So this place we went to, Palettes and Paintings, is a pretty cool place! They serve wine (win) and teach you how to paint (win win) and it's seriously a lot of fun too (win win win). Ok, so you don't leave there being a perfect artist, but what I learned was pretty cool. I also don't think I have ever been as proud of a project as the painting that I did on Saturday night. I seriously cannot stop looking at it thinking "wow, I DID that!" I really cannot wait to go again, I am hoping sooner than later. It was also nice to have a night out sans kids.
A few things I learned about Bob Ross from my class:
- He learned to paint in Alaska.
- He quit the Air Force because he didn't like to yell
- He hated his afro but kept it because that is how people knew him
- He didn't make a dime from his paintings or his show on PBS. He did make money on his art supplies
- He always signed his name in red
- He designed one of the first MTV logos (this was the trivia question that I won)
Again, super cool fun night. I can't express how much fun it was. And I love that there are things like this out here. Finding something awesome like this in Vegas, well good luck :)
Oh and did you want to see my painting? Yea, I did that.