Friday, August 3, 2012

It's a wonder anything gets done at all...

Saturday, we went to a picnic in the park for Lucy's karate class. It was great and so much fun. I am so amazed watching her in class at her development, but that is all for another post. What I want to discuss now, are the events that went down after the picnic.

We got home from the picnic and I started to fold the laundry. However, I saw Lucy's Build and Grow apron from Lowe's so I decided I needed to iron on her project patches. When I finished that, Lucy came up to me because she had broken her tape measure. I fixed it. At that point, I needed a cup of coffee, so I went to the kitchen and made a cup in my Tassimo. Walking into the kitchen, I saw that I had failed to put away our Bountiful Baskets from that morning, so I put all our produce away. I couldn't fit it all in the fridge, however, so I cleaned out the fridge. 

When all that was done, I regained focus, and went back to the laundry. I started folding when I remembered my coffee. I went back to the kitchen to pick my coffee up when Lucy wanted a snack. I got her a string cheese and went back for my coffee. At this point I realized how ridiculous my afternoon was ending up to be and thought "this would make a great blog post" and I sat down to write about it. But my desk was a mess so I cleaned it up first, then started writing. I wrote a sentence when I remembered my coffee once more. Lucy asked for another snack.

I went back to the laundry only to realize that I forgot my coffee. Again. Half way through folding, I got tired of pulling my pants up (I am always pulling at something, pulling my pants up, my shirt down, something. It's annoying) so I went looking for a safety pin which I asked Matt to help me pin my pants. 

I went back to my laundry. I was almost done, when I heard Matt in the front yard with the mower. I was concerned because Charlotte, our spider, had a web that went across the lawn and I didn't want Matt to walk into it for various reasons. However, Matt had already taken care of it so I came back in to put the clothes away. 

I got all the clothes put away and stuffed all our cloth diapers when I reached for my coffee. It was cold. Of course. 

***The events listed here are not isolated to simply this particular Saturday. These events happen on a regular basis and I am often amazed at how anything around here gets completed.

1 comment:

Leave me some love! I read them all and it always makes me feel warm and fuzzy when people comment!