During some of my late night internet ADD (start looking for a recipe and then an hour later, I have pinned 400 other things and have 45 tabs open), I stumbled upon Kaysi from Keeping It Simple. I really liked her creation and remember seeing something similar with just pumpkins. I still want to do the pumpkins too, but in the mean time, I did this one.
Lucy and I painted the wood and Matt screwed it all together for me. I am pretty proud of this. It's one of my favorite projects that I have ever done. And I mean look, it is pretty awesome!
Start of the day. Almost all the wood I used came from our scrap piles in the garage. The two larger pieces I got from the scrap pile at Home Depot for $.50 each.
|Lucy helping Matt screwing the wood together.|
|I used some old corks that I saved for the stems. I just painted them green, and attached a pipe cleaner to each of them.|
|Hand painted faces|
|Hand painted. Lucy still thinks he needs a bow tie like the original.|
|Final project. The "Happy Halloween" was cut out with my cricut and then mod podged on to the front. |
Paint: four sample cans from Home Depot $12
Corks: free (already owned)
Pipe cleaners: free (already owned)
Screws: free (already owned)
And lucky for me, I have a bunch of paint left over, so I have so many more projects that I get to do!